We regret to announce that the 2022 CNPS Conference has been postponed to the end of February 2023.
For reasons related to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Coordinating Council of the Conference for a New Political Science (now Critical Political Science) has voted today (January 12) to postpone the Biennial Conference until late February 2023.
Please note that the Coordinating Council has agreed that anyone accepted as a paper presenter for the 2022 conference will be guaranteed a slot at the 2023 conference either to present the same paper or to present a different paper as the individual participant chooses once we open the next call for papers. Our experience up to this time is that if you have already purchased an airfare, you should contact your airline immediately and they will likely grant you a travel credit with no exchange fee that you can use at a later date.
We will begin planning immediately for the 2023 conference (to be held at the same location and at approximately the same time of year). We will post more details on the new schedule as soon as we can.
Attendees, please note another update to the CNPS Conference Preliminary Program was posted on December 17, 2021.
Attendees, please note another update to the CNPS Conference Preliminary Program was posted today (December 15, 2021).
Attendees should note that updates were made today (Dec 7, 2021) both to the CNPS Conference Preliminary Program and to the Conference COVID Policy. Thanks!
Conference attendees should note that an update to the CNPS Conference Preliminary Program was posted on December 1, 2021.
All attendees, please note the addition of a conference COVID policy to our website. It states:
The following COVID-19 Policy will be in effect for the 2022 CNPS Conference:
- All conference attendees are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, such as a CDC card or documentation from a health care provider. Proof of vaccination must be sent to email@example.com prior to the conference or presented at the registration desk upon arrival at the conference. No one will be allowed to attend panels without the required proof of vaccination.
- All conference attendees, except panelist/speakers, are required to wear masks during panel presentations. Conference attendees who fail to comply with the mask mandate will be required to leave the room. Conference attendees are encouraged to wear masks at all other conference events such as the Plenary Dinner and receptions.
- The conference will ensure that hand sanitizer is readily available at sites throughout the conference.
- Panel rooms will be disinfected at the end of each day’s activities or prior to the beginning of the next day’s activities.
The CNPS Conference Covid-19 policy is subject to change as conditions in Cameron County warrant.
At the present time, 76% to 92% of the population aged 15+ is fully vaccinated in Cameron County (varies by age cohort) for an overall average well above 80%. The vaccination of children ages 5-11 is underway.
Cameron County is currently averaging about 100 daily new cases of Covid-19.
The number of active cases of Covid-19 in Cameron County is 1,163 (County pop. 421,017), see, https://cameronvotes.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d1de1cdd507744808dc5788af1f9e52d
For up-to-date information, click Cameron County on the far right bottom of the map, see, https://tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov/t/THD/views/COVIDCountyTrendsOverTime/COVIDTrends?%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y
CNPS is pleased to announce the preliminary program for the 3rd Biennial Conference of the Caucus for a New (Critical) Political Science. The current version was last updated October 15, 2021, and can be downloaded over on the Program & Submissions page.
As the conference is now only months away, here are a few helpful reminders:
- You will see several “TBD” in the program for chairs and discussants. If you are willing to serve as a chair/discussant for any of the panels, please let me know as soon as possible.
- The conference registration fee is $175 due by January 15, 2022 (for all panelists). The Plenary Dinner and Keynote Address are included in the Registration Fee. However, there is an additional charge of $50.00 for each guest you bring to the dinner. The late registration fee (after January 15, 2022) is $225. Please see the Program & Submissions page for instructions on how to pay the registration fee. We are pleased that this year we are offering PayPal as an electronic payment option.
- You are responsible for making your own hotel arrangements directly with the Isla Grand Beach Resort (https://cnpsconference.org/transportation-hotel/). The hotel rate will be available the night before the first day of the conference (Saturday) if you wish to arrive early. Be forewarned that spring break begins the day after our conference ends.
- The CNPS Conference is scheduled as a fully face-to-face event. We may establish a “proof of vaccination” requirement as a condition for attending the conference, but no decision on this matter has been made at this time. We will monitor the situation and make decisions to ensure everyone’s safety as necessary. However, at this time, the entire population of Cameron County (site of the conference) is 78.8% fully vaccinated with ongoing efforts to increase that number with daily vaccination clinics throughout the county. The management and desk staff at the Isla Grand Hotel are 100% fully vaccinated at this time. In addition, daily new cases in Cameron County have decreased significantly over the last two weeks and trends look favorable at the present time. You can monitor the local situation at this website: https://www.cameroncountytx.gov/publichealth/coronavirus/
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE: PayPal is currently down (Dec 3, 2022)
Our handy PayPal option for paying your CNPS Conference Dues is now available! Head on over to the Submissions and Program page, to find out more!
Thanks for your patience while we transferred our domain and content from our old ISP. The CNPS Biennial Conference website is now hosted on WordPress. We will continue to work on the visual appearance of the site in the coming days and, soon, offer a way to pay conference dues by PayPal.
What do you think? We welcome suggestions on how to improve this website for the benefit of conference participants.
CNPS is transitioning to a new domain host, so we have had to take down the site for a couple of days. Don’t worry, we will be back very soon. The site should re-launch no later than Sunday, July 11.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the meantime, we’d like to remind you about our February 2022 Conference of the Caucus for a New Political Science, taking place on South Padre Island, TX. The biennial conference attracts faculty from across the United States and abroad, and it welcomes participants from any discipline. The deadline for submitting paper and panel proposals is July 30, 2021.